Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Paint Me a Happy Teacher!

It is amazing what a little time, a lot of effort, and a gallon of paint can do!

I have rested quite a bit this summer.  I have not really thought that much about school!  Really! But knowing that I did not KNOW the true state of my room following the waxers, I needed to check it out. This is what I walked into...






     Merciful fates, how do I end up with so much stuff?!?!? And it looks so overwhelming sitting at the door like this!  The floor was well waxed, but nothing went back where it had started.  Well, I could have sat in the floor and had a fit, but the kids were with me and that would not have set a very good example. SO, I decided that this was just a good opportunity to clean up and rearrange some things. 

     I put all three of us to work moving and organizing.  I found things that I had totally forgotten having squirreled away!  I threw away a lot of junk. And, I decided that, since it was all being moved anyway, I should just go ahead and paint the awful pieces!  No, I'm not joking.  AWFUL does not even begin to describe the state of these pieces of furniture.  I am sure that at some point the color choices made sense. But not now.  And the years have taken their toll.  AND... I have just not had the summer energy to paint them yet.  But this year is it!

      See....

Did the circus loose their bookshelves?


How did this get SO bad? (It had been mostly covered, but still!) 

     I already knew that a dark grey was what I wanted.  I love seeing the pictures of the super bright, happy, busy classrooms.  But that is just not my style.  I have seen to many kiddos be over stimulated in spaces like that.  I need my room to be calm and peaceful.  I was very glad my two amazing helpers had come along!
Don't let him fool you!  He was happy to help!

See!













They worked so hard!

And it all paid off!




    
     WOW!  Isn't that an amazing difference?  I am thrilled!

    I have a bit of organizing left to do, but my room is just about kiddo ready!


3 comments:

  1. I love love love the gray! I also agree that the classroom should have a calming effect! My first year I had soooo much on my walls until I finally realized less is more! All things in the classroom should have a purpose and be relevant to the learning taking place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a calm, happy classroom. A good color scheme helps with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your shelves match now! The rug gives a nice burst of color.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete